Monday, April 7, 2008

We have been busy.....

We have been so busy lately. I keep wondering when we are going to slow down and relax, but I think those days are long over. Jackson and I went to Houston to spend Easter with my parents. My mom and Dad are moving out of state so I am trying to spend as many holidays as I can with them before they move. Jackson had a great time. He was such a good little boy and was even relatively quiet during mass. Jackson woke up Easter morning to find an Easter basket filled with plastic eggs and candy. Jackson was not impressed with the eggs until he realized they contained candy. After he made the discovery, he went through every egg shaking them to see if they contained a surprise. He is such a smart little boy!


Have you seen my little man? He is turning into Mr.Independent. In the past couple of months he has gone from barely walking and wanting me to hold his hand/ or carry him to someone who thinks he can walk/run all by himself. I recently bought Jackson a pair of squeaker sneakers(which are shoes that squeak when you walk). I thought most of society would be annoyed with the shoes, but instead everyone smiles and laughs. I even have people ask me if they can take him home. At first, I was freaked out, but now I take it as a compliment.


Jackson is a climber. If you can not hear Jackson playing it usually means he is climbing onto something. David bought a plasma television before Jackson was born. David's wanted a television that could be mounted on the wall so Jackson would not be able to mess with the buttons. A couple of weeks ago I walked into the room only to find Jackson climbing on the media table to get to the t.v.. I could not help but laugh, but I do not think David was amused. Jackson also enjoys climbing onto the coffee table, kitchen table, baby gate and the list goes on and on. Needless to say we are constantly running after him, but we are having a blast.


It is amazing to see how much Jackson likes to copy us. Whatever we are doing Jackson wants to be included. This past weekend I was mowing the yard and David had to hold onto Jackson so he would not run after me. I would finish mowing a patch of grass and see Jackson come running toward me. Later that afternoon I saw him trying to push the mower all by himself. On Sunday David was working in the garage and I noticed as soon as David would put down a tool Jackson would run over to the tool and try to use it. I am slowly realizing that home projects and working around the house on the weekends involves one person watching Jackson while the other person works on the list of chores. Attached are a few random pictures we have taken over the past couple of months.



















No comments: