Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Jackson is 2!!!!

Jackson is officially two years old. We celebrated at a place called Pump It Up. I organized the party over the phone. Having never been there I was worried about several things. I worried Jackson would not be old enough to play in the bounce houses, all of the adults would be bored, and there would not be enough to do, boy was I wrong. I think everyone had a great time and Jackson played the entire time.


These past two years have been filled with so much joy and happiness. As many of you know, I was never excited about being a mom, much less taking care of someone else. During my pregnancy I wondered what kind of mom I would be. I also wondered if I wanted the challenge of being a mom. After the birth of Jackson, all of my views changed. I became this over protective person that wanted to spend every minute of every day holding my baby and telling him how much I loved him. I still act this way two years later...


Shortly after Jackson was born, I lost my sister. I was given little time to come to terms with her death and even now, I get emotional when I think of her. I think of all the parties she will miss and after each one of Jackson's milestones, I think Stephanie should be here. She was not there when Jackson took his first steps and she was not at either of his birthday parties. I know that she is looking down on us and I know that Jackson gained a guardian angel. When our family was faced with so much grief, anger, regret and sadness we all looked to one person to brighten our spirits, Jackson. Jackson made us see that there is life after a tragedy like this. He made us laugh and for some reason holding him made everything better. Thank you, Jackson!! You are the best baby we could of ever asked for. We love you very much!


I promise I will post pictures from the party when I get back in town.


1 comment:

Rhonda said...

The party was fabulous, and you are right, adults and kids had a blast.

And Jackson was adorable, as always.